Filmmaker Maïwenn Le Besco told the Sunday newspaper this Saturday, June 10, which prompted her to attack Edwy Plenel, on February 22. She mentions a publication by Mediapart of his “hearing” in the Luc Besson case. The father of his daughter is accused of rape by an actress, which he disputes.
“I don’t blame Mediapart the investigations they carried out concerning Luc Besson. I blame them for what they did to me.”, launches Maïwenn – who signs her films with her first name alone. She assures that she met a journalist from Mediapart at the end of 2018 about this media’s investigation of Luc Besson, whom she says she no longer associates with ” Since twenty years “. The director then tells the journalist that she does not want ” speak “.
But, at the beginning of 2021, Mediapart publish “an article with bits of his hearing” made in June 2020 before the judicial police. “It’s a cataclysm. I felt a moral rape”emphasizes Maïwenn. “If nothing justifies attacking a journalist, nothing justifies violating a woman’s privacy”, she adds again. She goes on to accuse Edwy Plenel of “serve Metoo as a shield”.
Decision of the Court of Cassation expected
The actress and director had already publicly acknowledged in May, in the program “Quotidien” (TMC), assaulting Edwy Plenel, then refusing to explain. Edwy Plenel had filed a complaint in March for this attack. The president and editor of Mediapart relates that on February 22, when he was having dinner with a lawyer in a restaurant on 12e district of Paris, “a woman, previously seated, alone, at another table appeared and in a very short time (I’)grabbed him violently by the hair, throwing his head back and spitting on his face”. The woman, later identified by restaurant staff as Maïwenn Le Besco, “hastily left the restaurant without anyone being able to intervene given the speed of the action”.
“An investigation is open. Edwy Plenel was heard two weeks ago. The other witnesses are being heard”reported in mid-May to Agence France-Presse, the journalist’s lawyer, Mr.e Pierre-Emmanuel Blard. On June 21, the Court of Cassation will deliver its decision on the rape charges made by actress Sand Van Roy against Luc Besson. On May 24, 2022, the Paris Court of Appeal confirmed the dismissal order in favor of the director.